After months of anticipation, the day finally arrived that we were able to welcome Elder Brian Carson Brock home from his two years of service in the Salt Lake City mission. We are all so proud of him and it was truely a joyful and tearful reunion. Brian has always been an exceptional guy, but his time in the service of the Lord has made him extraordinary. He has grown so much and returns with a testimony and personal witness that radiates in his countenance and thoughts expressed.
I am sure that the Lord has great things in store for him and I feel blessed to know him. Carson and Cassidy look up to him like a brother and they admire his example. Weeks before him coming home, we began working on a banner for him and good thing we started early for it took some time. The message is simple yet poignant. The tarheel feet start off small and grow as the pictures of Brian grow, stating, Born to Serve, Growing to Serve, Called to Serve and Returning with Honor. Isn't that what we are all here to do is serve and as I put the photos together for the banner, Brian's life just seemed like a glimpse from birth to now. So much growth and memories in between but my how it has flown. Such is our journey here, we all have a work and service to perform and in the eternal picture, our time here is but a glimpse of our eternal life, the time really is flying. I am grateful for the gospel and the knowledge of the grand plan that it gives me and my children. As I saw him come through the door of the airport, I felt very strongly the importance of the Lord's work and choosing the right. The spirit confirmed to my heart that all we do as mother's to teach and prepare our children through the gospel, is of great worth and importance and that in a world falling apart, it is a sure foundation.
The gospel is the Armour of God that our children will need in these latter days, and I am thankful for it.





What great memories you captured. I love the banner you made. My favorite picture is of David and Brian embracing.I got to her Brian speak at the Fireside on Sunday. What a strong testimony he has . He has grown so much. I spoke with him and he is very excited about going to SVC. I wish him luck.Love YOU!
ReplyDeleteHe looks like he's grown... body and spirit. Love your family.
ReplyDelete