Today my children, as always, made my day. I awoke to various gifts, some purchased, others recycled from their toys, nevertheless, of more worth than diamonds to me. Carson and Cassidy are always so sweet, thoughtful and excited on my birthday. Last year, they are the only reason I even remembered it was coming, for you really do start to loose track after a certain age. Not sure what that age is,
just know that after 28 they just start running together. Anyway the gifts were priceless to me.
The cakes which they both made by themselves were beautiful and delicious. Question though; if one almost catches themself on fire while attempting to light 40 candles is that a sign that this year will be on fire in a good way, full of passion, sparks fun and good things? Yeah, I am going to go with that, this past year has had enough walking through fire, so I will go with that, not saying that I almost set my shirt on fire by dropping the match before burning my finger, just wondering is all........Anyway on with the day, Carson and Cassidy blew up 40 balloons for this special occasion, Henry, our siamese cat, popped one to which Cassidy with much authority said, "well, I guess that makes you 39", I say I can live with that. There is just something about going over the border of the 30's it does something to my mental well being, let's just not go there right now.
So then we proceed to take in a flick at the dollar theatre, that is what our finances afford. We make a unanomous decision to go with anything that would not be appealing to mom on her birthday, let's just say Hannah Montanna, need I say more. Anyway it was quality time with my babies, so $6 well spent. We top the night off with a lovely dinner at Cracker Barrell with Grandma Brock, we love her and love being with her and making memories. One memory tonight being that while many people sat rocking on the chairs on the front porch of cracker barrell, I proceeded to put the car in park, while doing so my lovely black walking boot pressed the brake and the gas simultaneously, seeming as though we were going to rocket through the front window of the restaurant, all the while people watching with humor and awe as to what could be my problem. To which I stepped out of the car, head held high, and limped to the back to get Grandma Brock's walker so that we could go enjoy our evening, slowly strolling past the onlookers. It has been a full day for the 40 year lady old who lives in a black walking boot.
Now though I am obsessed about starting my blog, so the day doesn't really seem official until I have made this post. So Yippy,I Say to turning 40 and entering a new decade of my journey on the earth, I do pray that the Lord will bless me with as much life to live ahead as I have been able live up till now. Even with all the ups and downs, at the end of the day, I look at my two beautiful children and know that all of the details, good and bad, in between all the years have brought me to this point to be their mom, what more could I ask for, that is all I have ever wanted. My life really didn't begin until they came into it, so really I am much younger than my age shows, but I will take the wisdom that comes with the age. Happy Birthday to me!





No comments:
Post a Comment