I came across this song some time back called "In My Arms" (on my playlist) and pondered the words. The song is written for a child by their mother and the loving, concerning thoughts that we all have for our children, are in the essence of this song. What causes me to reflect on it more is that I feel strongly this is how our Heavenly Father feels about his children. Like the lyrics in the song say, storms will come and our fairytale versions of our lives may not always have a happy ever after, but we are never alone for we are safe in his arms.
I know there is no length I would not go to in order to protect my children from harm, danger and hurt, and it feels for these few small years as I raise them that at least I can keep them safe in my arms once in a while and comfort their aches. My love as a mother for these two precious spirits is so deep, genuine and eternal in my mere mortal existence, how much greater must be the love of our Father in Heaven in his eternal sphere, where He knows all things and what we can become and what is best for us. Being a mother is such a divine blessing and gift, I savor it everyday and thank my Heavenly Father for this beloved journey, being Carson and Cassidy's mom is my fairytale. If only my arms could protect them always and forever. I am thankful to know that when my arms aren't enough, the Savior's are!
I know there is no length I would not go to in order to protect my children from harm, danger and hurt, and it feels for these few small years as I raise them that at least I can keep them safe in my arms once in a while and comfort their aches. My love as a mother for these two precious spirits is so deep, genuine and eternal in my mere mortal existence, how much greater must be the love of our Father in Heaven in his eternal sphere, where He knows all things and what we can become and what is best for us. Being a mother is such a divine blessing and gift, I savor it everyday and thank my Heavenly Father for this beloved journey, being Carson and Cassidy's mom is my fairytale. If only my arms could protect them always and forever. I am thankful to know that when my arms aren't enough, the Savior's are!





What a beautiful song! I call my children my gems. Each are beautiful and when polished will shine in their own beautiful way. I would be lost without them. They are the reason why I am here. To serve them, teach them, and cherish them is my job. Thanks for sharing this song.
ReplyDelete