In loving thoughtfulness and sweet memories of my Dad. He would have celebrated his 71st birthday July 17th. His spirit lives on through the legacy of his children and grandchildren and those who knew him in mortality have eternally been touched by one of Christ's true Disciples. I know that my Dad knew the Savior while he walked his mortal journey and I know that he abides with the Savior now and continues to follow and serve him. He is missed far beyond what words can express and he lives in the hearts and memories of those who he left behind, just as he lives now in the Spirit world awaiting our Savior's return and eternal family reunion. Though my children have never met him on this earth, I know they are well aquainted with him. He lives in all of our conversations as I share memories of him and tell them of his character, compassion, infectious personality, his example, spirituality and humility.
Carson and Cassidy were born on December 20th, 2000, beginning to make their entrance into this world around 8:30 that night, my dad passed away on December 20th, 1996, beginning to make his entrance into the spirit world around 8:30on that night. Coincidence? I don't think so. It is very symbolic to me. I know they were with one another, and feel confidant that my dad cradled them and conversed with them, giving them sweet words of wisdom before departing their heavenly home. How much I yearn for his sweet words of wisdom these days, his presence, his example, the joy he brought that would light up my children lives. You are missed Daddy, every minute of everyday.





Susan, my dad wanted to comment on this post so I am turning the rest over to him ,these are his thoughts and words....
ReplyDeleteI moved to Fayetteville in 1971, and met Carson the first Sunday I was in church.We bonded the first time we met.This is what I remember most about our relationship: my first talk in sacrament,first testimony, first blessing for my family,sealed in the temple with my family,played softball,basketball,ate fried chicken at his house cooked by Hilda which was the best,cooked many many hogs for pig pickins for church activities and fund raisers,served in the bishpric and served with him on many meetings,loved him like my own brother, came to my house every Christmas with his family to Christmas carol.He influence many like me in the church who was struggling for a testimony.I will always remember him and his family for their love and kindness. Thanks for the memories Carson. Love Always, Brother Dean Sister Dean and Family
I was touched by this post and cried and cried when I first saw the pictures. I knew my mom and dad would appreciate this post as well as myself. He was one of my heroes. We run across old photos of old times with your dad in them. We have several. He is doing a great work on the other side. I am convinced that he was called home early for this purpose. We will always love, cherish and remember Carson Willie as my dad would call him. Thanks for the post and the wonderful memories of your dad! Love YOU!
ReplyDeleteWhat a man!!! One of a kind. Great post. So glad you got the blogging down now.
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet post. He was an amazing man!
ReplyDeleteEmail me so I can send you an invite to our blog.
meganbauer15@hotmail.com
Susan I love this...miss him so much...I love the comment Bro Dean left......wish things could go back to those good times....love you...
ReplyDeleteSusan, I have said many times, your dad had a greater influence on the people of the Fay. stake than anyone who has ever been there. I dream of him ever so often and he always looks about 35 and is smiling and doing different things. He was so loved by so many people!! All my children included!!
ReplyDelete